The International Safety Management (ISM) Code & International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
Like safety, maritime security is of paramount importance to the operation of a vessel. The International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code came into force on July 1, 2004 and is applicable to all vessels over 500 grt operating on international trades, as well as the ports that service them.
Class A.N.T offers a full range of statutory certification services to help you maintain compliance. We also offer ISPS training courses.
Our professional and experienced auditors are situated close to your premises and are available in all ports worldwide. We focus on safety and practical compliance.
International regulations require vessels to have in place a safety management system and a security plan that has been reviewed and approved by a Recognized Security Organization (RSO). Flag Administrations have fully approved ASCENT NAVALS THAILAND to conduct the following ship safety and security audits:
- International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC).
- Ship Security Plan Approvals (SSP)
- Safety Management Certificate (SMC).
- Document of Compliance (DOC)
CLASS- A.N.T. Could perform combined ISM & ISPS certification audits in order to save you time and money.
What is the ISPS Code?
The ISPS Code provides a framework through which ships and port facilities can co-operate to detect and deter acts which pose a threat to maritime security. The Code:
- Enables the detection and deterrence of security threats within an international framework
- Establishes roles and responsibilities
- Enables collection and exchange of security information
- Provides a methodology for assessing security
- Ensures that adequate security measures in place
It requires ship and port facility staff to:
- Gather and assess information
- Maintain communication protocols
- Restrict access, prevent the introduction of unauthorized weapons, etc.
- Provide the means to raise alarms
- Put in place vessel and port security plans and ensure training and drills are conducted.
The regulatory provisions do not extend to the actual response to security incidents or to any necessary clear-up activities after such an incident.
- We can provide you with expert security advice delivered at a level that suits your needs.
- You receive the assistance you need to develop and implement an effective security management system that meets the requirements of the Code.
We offer a full suite of services to help you comply with the ISPS Code in the most practical and cost-effective manner.
ISPS certification for ships
If the ISPS Code applies to your ship, it must have an International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC) in order to operate. As a Recognized Security Organization for the various flag state administrations, we can carry out security plan approvals and verification audits, leading to the issue of an ISSC for your ship.